Autotransformer has only one single voltage winding which is common to both sides. This single winding is “tapped” at various points along its length to provide a percentage of the primary voltage supply across its secondary load. Then the autotransformer has the usual magnetic core but only has one winding, which is common to both the primary and secondary circuits.
Therefore, in an autotransformer, the primary and secondary windings are linked together both electrically and magnetically. The main advantage of this type of transformer design is that it can be made a lot cheaper for the same VA rating, but the biggest disadvantage of an autotransformer is that it does not have the primary/secondary winding isolation of a conventional double wound transformer.
- Enclosed coils completely enclose the transformer coils against moisture, dirt, dust and industrial contaminants for maximum protection in industrial environments.
- Finger-safe terminals provides great terminal contact area which permits low-loss connections.
- Mounting Clamps are made of heavy steel to add strength to core construction and provide stability. Slotted mounting feet permit easy and flexible installation.
- Attractive epoxy coated black matte finish, easy-to-read label with complete technical details.
- Constructed with high quality silicon steel laminations to minimize core losses and increase performance and efficiency. The core is constructed using the “Hole-Less” method thus minimising the magnetic reluctance and decreasing the No-Load Current (NLC) and No-load Watt Losses.
- Super Enamelled Copper or Aluminium wire of the highest quality assures efficient operation.
- Primary and secondary fusing options available in kits or factory installed on request.
- Available for both Single and Three Phase Power supply
- VA Capacity: 15 VA – 150 KVA
- Current Capacity: From 1 Amps to 1000 Amps
- Conductor Type:
- Conductor Covering Type:
- Enamelled ‘F’ Class
- Enamelled ‘H’ Class
- Paper Covered
- Fiber Glass Covered
- Enamelled Conductor Covered in Fiber Glass
- Core Type: Cold Rolled Grain Oriented (CRGO) Laminated Silicon Steel
- Rectangular Strips
- Miter Strips
- E-I Type for Small Transformers
- Varnishing Type: Vacuum Pressure Impregnated and Epoxy Coated
- Terminal Type: Wago, Phoenix, Brass Bolts
- Clamping: Solid Angles and ‘C’ Channel
- Clamping Bolts: High Tensile Bolts